Re: SSL (HTTPS) with 2.4

Thanks for the feedback. andreas. I am looking into how to work my own connection logic into the code. Google has quickly become my friend and I am actually poking at cURL (pyCurl) to see what benefit it will be.

Thanks again.

andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi!

HTTPS over a proxy (CONNECT) hasn't worked for a long time in python
(actually it has never worked).

A quick glance at the 2.4 Changelog doesn't suggest that this has been
fixed.

So basically you've got the following options:
a) redo your own http/https support.
b) look around on the net for some patches to httplib (google is your friend)
   be aware that these are quite old patches.
c) using some external solution, like pycURL.

Andreas