Re: why no block comments in Python?

(and if you don't, you can quickly comment out regions by putting them
inside a triple-quoted string.)

Although that will use up memory, as opposed to a comment.

Still, it's simple enough in an editor like Vim or Emacs to highlight a
region, and define a macro to add/remove #s. Any Python IDE should
certainly have this capability.

Mike

  • Re: Why Ruby does not nead an ide
    ... to choose your primary editor as one that can open those files. ... C-x C-c Space Space - siz keypresses. ... 'cause that's the only instance where Vim wins on keypresses. ... Emacs for if you can hack elisp like there's no ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Anyone use ELSE minor-mode in Emacs?
    ... than your editor" threads over in comp.editors in the past. ... the only thing that I use in Emacs that Vim couldn't offer was ELSE - enough ... me that Python in Vim, yet Python in Vim is neat and quite usable. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Text editors
    ... Mr. Pinco should install "pico" of Pine fame. ... "gedit" is ok as a first editor. ... Learning Emacs and Xemacs is a project. ... vim is very cool and if it existed way back when, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Best unix programming language or tool for dealing with plaintext DBs?
    ... I totally dislike waiting for an editor to start. ... >>Vim configuration and script syntax is also ugly as hell and i hate ... You launch emacs once every reboot. ... to the slow and bloated crappiness of the current graphical widget systems. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Asp editor for linux?
    ... emacs is a nice ... vim or gvim on a C or ASP file, ... editor that isn't a totally basic "newbie editor" does syntax ... nedit do autocomplete, though kdevelop probably does. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)