Re: hide python window, con'td

Something that runs all day in the background is a perfect candidate
for being turned into a Service. That and servicemanager has a good
way of managing the task so that it doesn't take up lots of excess
CPU cycles that a "normal" application would take while sleeping
or unnecessarily looping. Pick up a copy of Mark Hammond's Python
Programming on Win32 book for example services in Python. You could
then start/stop the service with service manager or with net start/
net stop commands.

-Larry Bates

Bell, Kevin wrote:
Great! And now that it's hiding w/ .pyw, how would I kill it if I want?
Just log off, or is there a better way?

Kevin

  • Contacts/Addressbook application - any good Python ones out there?
    ... I'm after an application for managing Contacts ... and as I suspect I will want to 'tune' it a bit Python would be my ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • RE: To Troll or Not To Troll
    ... into question - your expertise at writing mathematical software may ... but your skills and producing and managing a ... sells a product that relies on Python, ... seen a single post from you even hinting that you might have any ...