Re: Best Python Editor

[Please refrain from obnoxious advertising or legal disclaimers on
your messages to any discussion forum.]

"Manoj Kumar P" <manojk@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Can anyone tell me a good python editor/IDE?

The leading programmer's editors are Emacs and Vim. Both have good
support for working with Python.

It would be great if you can provide the download link also.

The download link depends on where exactly you'll be running it. A
good GNU/Linux distribution will have them both available as standard
packages to be installed.

<URL:http://www.vim.org/>
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/>

--
\ "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of |
`\ five." -- Groucho Marx |

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... IDE-like features such as syntax highlighting and automatic ... I discovered that vim had them too. ... Just for the record, and vim is a fine product, emacs has these features also. ... those of us who cling to these old-time editors would ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Pronunciation of katakana "ou"
    ... I was chatting with a friend in CS at Melbourne University. ... students use vim, because that's what they use in the undergraduate ... GNU Emacs is still the editor environment of choice for those with many ... years ago to handle JIS212 is one of the only editors in the galaxy ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • Re: An Editor that Skips to the End of a Def
    ... you're responding, removing quoted text irrelevant to your response.) ... Both Emacs and Vim are highly customisable text editors. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Why SlickEdit is superior to VIM and Emacs combined!
    ... There are scads of what I consider to be really good text editors ... Vi and Emacs are ... Vim and GVim are modern rewrites that add considerably to what ... Gnus is one of many applications ...
    (comp.editors)
  • Re: Emacs vs. Eclipse vs. Vim
    ... in steep learning curve for best returns down the road, ... Vim and Emacs are both general purpose text editors, ... One thing that's good about Vim and Emacs is that most of the skills you ...
    (comp.lang.python)