Re: Client-side TCP socket receiving "Address already in use" upon connect

I've read about SO_REUSEADDR. As far as I understand, this is what
SO_REUSEADDR is for:
I've tried setting this option, but could not see any notable changes...

I was having a similiar problem as you, where as soon as my program
exited, it would get started up again, but could not bind to the same
address.
So i added the follow straight after I create my server object:
server.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_REUSEADDR, 1)

And it worked. Note that my program was running on Linux, so this might
be a windows issue.

  • Re: Repairing Windows
    ... I have a copy of windows xp home which is what is installed ... something similiar problem. ... times it could be written to and it passed ChkDsk multiple times. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Windows Explorer freezes with (picture and video) folders
    ... I am having a similiar problem. ... do the same thing in Windows Explorer and have the same problem. ... > My guess would be a corrupt copy of 'Thumbs.db' in those folders Delete them and restart Windows. ...
  • Re: Windows Activation
    ... Have a similiar problem except that I activated from the Start menu and the ... The next time I boot up, I'm prompted to activate Windows. ... and install all the software/drivers necessary. ... BUT after every reboot, I am prompted again, and again, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant map network drive
    ... >I am having a similiar problem. ... Rob, ... If you have Windows XP computers on the same LAN with Windows ME, ...