Re: supplying password to subprocess.call('rsync ...'), os.system('rsync ...')

In message <1191594819.381604.20680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
timw.google wrote:

I want to write a python script that runs rsync on a given directory
and host. I build the command line string, but when I try to run
subprocess.call(cmd), or p=subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=True),or
os.system(cmd), I get prompted for my login password.

Why not set up a public/private SSH key pair between the accounts on the two
machines? Then you can get in without a password.

  • Re: supplying password to subprocess.call(rsync ...), os.system(rsync ...)
    ... and host. ... I build the command line string, but when I try to run ... I get prompted for my login password. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Password change
    ... the user's login password on a server from the command ... for is a method equivalent to the Win 9x NET PASSWORD ... The server is not part of a domain and probably ...
  • Re: Terminal
    ... If the command started with 'sudo' it is looking for your login password. ... HTH ...
    (Ubuntu)