Re: Freesoftware for auto/intelligent code completing in Python

----- Original Message -----
From: "Python Nutter" <pythonnutter@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ivan Ven Osdel" <ivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: python-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:56:32 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: Freesoftware for auto/intelligent code completing in Python

If you guys can get your head out of IDE land, you'll find iPython
does a fantastic job at introspection and Auto-completion, you can
launch shell commands and editors and when done saving be back in the
iPython shell, save memory/variable space to disk so you can come back
the next day and continue off where you were. It puts IDEs to shame.

If you can't get your Windows-centric IDE need eliminated, then Wing
IDE 101 will not auto-complete, its been deliberately disabled to
force students (hence 101) to memorize python/function names.

Komodo Edit is a free download and will Auto-complete.

Cheers,
PN

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at iPython today.

Ivan

  • Re: Python education survey
    ... easy to install and configure (startup directory, path, associated ... what IDE or editor do you recommend? ... for everything else there is python and python-mode. ... IPython is a excellent choice. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Python education survey
    ... easy to install and configure (startup directory, path, associated ... what IDE or editor do you recommend? ... for everything else there is python and python-mode. ... IPython is a excellent choice. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Freesoftware for auto/intelligent code completing in Python
    ... If you guys can get your head out of IDE land, you'll find iPython ... launch shell commands and editors and when done saving be back in the ... If you can't get your Windows-centric IDE need eliminated, ... Komodo Edit is a free download and will Auto-complete. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Python - NAWIT / Community
    ... not another which ide thread. ... My question relates to community contribution. ... for the moment pydev can be installed as part of the Aptana studio 2/3 ... I started thinking that the only consistent env each python person has ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Newbie Help
    ... A decent text editor will allow you to have multiple files open in tabs ... Python command line, and at least one other open to run my python code, ... run unit tests and doc tests, ... no IDE can beat the command line. ...
    (comp.lang.python)