freebsd and multiprocessing

Hi,
I'm intending to use multiprocessing on a freebsd machine (6.3
release, quad core, 8cpus, amd64). I see in the doc that on this
platform I can't use synchronize:

ImportError: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open
implementation, therefore, the required synchronization primitives
needed will not function, see issue 3770.

As far as I can tell, I have no need to synchronize the processes--I
have several processes run separately and I need to know when they're
all finished; there's no communication between them and each owns its
own log file for output.

Is anyone using multiprocessing on FreeBSD and run into any other
gotchas?
thanks,
--Tim Arnold

  • Re: freebsd and multiprocessing
    ... I'm intending to use multiprocessing on a freebsd machine (6.3 ... I don't use multiprocessing but I've written two low-level IPC ... one for SysV IPC and the other for POSIX IPC. ... looking at 'parallel python' although it may have the same issues.http://www.parallelpython.com/ ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: freebsd and multiprocessing
    ... I'm intending to use multiprocessing on a freebsd machine (6.3 ... one for SysV IPC and the other for POSIX IPC. ...  I get the following results from sysctl: ...
    (comp.lang.python)