Re: the Python Foundation
- From: Rami Chowdhury <rami.chowdhury@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 04:10:33 -0700
On 2010-03-24 16:22, Paul Rubin wrote:
"Steve Holden, Chairman, PSF" <chairman@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
We have also registered the trademark "Python" for use in reference to
computer programming languages, thereby ensuring that we can take action
should some ill-advised individual or organization decide to produce
another language with "Python" in its name
There has been a Lisp compiler called "Python" for many years:
The FAQ disclaims any connection and claims that Python the Lisp
compiler has been around longer than Python the language...
I was awfully confused the first time I came across SBCL giving me warnings
about Python, though -- proves how well the PSF has safeguarded the name!
- Prev by Date: from import and __init__.py
- Next by Date: Re: chroot fails with mount point passed to subprocess.Popen?
- Previous by thread: Re: the Python Foundation
- Next by thread: Re: the Python Foundation