Re: Newbie subprocess question

On 11/26/2010 12:18 AM, Tim Harig wrote:
On 2010-11-25, Hugo Léveillé <hugol@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm starting various application using subprocess.Popen without any
problem. The problem is with application inside "Program Files". It
looks like subprocess is stopping the application string after
"Program". I tried puting the programe name inside double quote like
'"Program File*..."'. No luck.

Not sure you you are having issues.

subprocess.Popen("C:\\Program Files\\Vim\\vim73\\gvim.exe")
Above line should work.

In order to avoid the double backslashes (such, that you can just copy
paste from the windows explorer or from a
command line shell you could additionally prefix the string with r.

subprocess.Popen(r"C:\Program Files\Vim\vim73\gvim.exe")

copying and pasting reduces the risk of typos

.