Decorate un Frame with window managers title bar, etc en Tkinter 8.5

Hi.

I use python 3.1 and Tkinter 8.5 in Ubuntu 9.10

I would like to turn a frame into a toolbox,
,and for that I read that you can use the command wm manage (window)

The information can be found at:
http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/wm.htm#M39

the explanation says:

wm manage widget:
The widget specified will become a stand alone top-level window.
The window will be decorated with the window managers title bar,
etc. Only frame, labelframe and toplevel widgets can be used
with this command. Attempting to pass any other widget type will
raise an error. Attempting to manage a toplevel widget is benign
and achieves nothing. See also GEOMETRY MANAGEMENT.

I have tried to use it in Tkinter but I can not know how is its
structure.

In Tkinter should be:

---TEST CODE-------------------

from Tkinter import

master = Tk()
frame = Frame(master)
wm_manager(Frame)
master.mainloop()

--------------------------------

But this does not work.

I appreciate any of this item

Regards.

Cristian Abarzúa

  • Re: Newby Q: Getting widgets to appear all at once.
    ... which gets a corresponding Tk widget. ... I looked around for some window manager mechanism to suppress updates ... some new GUI elements. ... What I tend to do is to create all that in a frame in the background ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Aspect Ratio revisited
    ... The 'Configure' event is signalled each time the widget size ... The canvas will always have a default size: ... the main window is visible before the contents is packed/gridded, ... or the outer frame gets *smaller*, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Newby Q: Getting widgets to appear all at once.
    ... which gets a corresponding Tk widget. ... I looked around for some window manager mechanism to suppress updates ... some new GUI elements. ... What I tend to do is to create all that in a frame in the background ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Packing problems
    ... but the frame there are in is centered horizontally. ... pack your text widget absolutely last and you'll get better resize behavior. ... Many windows applications put both the scrollbar and text widget inside a common frame that is sunken. ... commands and then resize the window to be smaller, you'll see the effect I describe in the tclscripting.com article where the scrollbars disappear before the text widget shrinks. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Syntax for referring to widget and values
    ... Those definitions (one per widget) puzzled me. ... set frame ... $top.men80.m add command \ ... This is not to bash on you or vTcl, but I get the impression that vTcl is doing you a disservice by hiding from you the way Tk works. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)