Re: Comparison with False - something I don't understand

Tim Harig <usernet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
longjmp. Alternatively you can have an auxiliary stack of cleanup
records that the longjmp handler walks through. Of course if you do

Only if you already have pointers to *all* of the data structures at
the point where you put your setjmp().

The setjmp point only has to know where the aux stack is and its depth
when the longjmp happens. The cleanup records contain any necessary
pointers to data structures that need freeing. That is basically how
try/finally would do it too. This is pretty standard stuff.

  • Re: Design and implement Filesystem on Linux
    ... >> It was not the kernel data structures I had in mind, ... In addition the inode contains some informations used to find the ... which contains pointers to blocks. ... Information about free blocks can be stored in some ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Data Structures -- Linked lists / Trees in vb.net
    ... you dont need pointers to do data structures. ... class ListNode{ ... public void Add{ ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Data Structures -- Linked lists / Trees in vb.net
    ... you dont need pointers to do data structures. ... class ListNode{ ... public void Add{ ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Java
    ... >> upon the students knowledge of how pointers work. ... >> of pointer is a fundament to the concept of other data structures. ... programmers who don't need to implement their own data structures. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Java
    ... >> lack things that work like pointers. ... data structures don't stand out specially to my eye. ... My first language was the BASIC implementation on Amstrad CPCs, ... I had plenty of software which didn't refer to data stored in memory ...
    (comp.programming)