PEP8 compliance and exception messages ?
- From: shearichard <shearichard@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 19:40:47 -0800 (PST)
Hi - PEP8 says lines should not exceed 79 characters in length
( http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/ ).
So if you've got some code that looks like this :
raise fooMod.fooException("Some message which is quite long")
.... and assuming a certain amount of indenting you're going to break
However there's a way around that ! You can do this ...
Some message \
which is quite long")
.... but the trouble is when that Exception is raised the message is
displayed as :
"Some message which is quite long"
I'm aware that a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of something or
the other so maybe I should just let the PEP8 verifier complain but
otherwise does anyone have any ideas for how to get around this ?
- Prev by Date: Re: How do I get the email address of the person who clicked the link in the email?
- Next by Date: Re: PEP8 compliance and exception messages ?
- Previous by thread: Collision of rotated rectangles without pygame
- Next by thread: Re: PEP8 compliance and exception messages ?