Re: Task Engine Framework?
- From: Tim Chase <python.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 12:20:40 -0600
On 12/07/2010 10:56 AM, Nate wrote:
On Dec 7, 8:32 am, Adam Tauno Williams<awill...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I'm in the process of developing a task engine / workflow module for
my Python application and I'm wondering if anyone knows of existing
code that could be used or adapted. Since I know that's far too
generic a question, let me share my goals:
1) Support long running operations (think backing up millions of
- The operation can be paused (application closed) and the
operation resumed later.
- Individual tasks can be chained, run in parallel, or looped over
(the workflow part)
We have something like that in OIE (OpenGroupware Integration Engine).
I'll take a look at the project. At the very least, seeing someone
else's solution would be helpful. I'm trying desperately hard to keep
the code simple :-)
You might also want to look at Celery which may do some (if not all) of what you're looking for.