Re: Toy http server

On 22/12/2010 22:34, Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens wrote:
Sorry, this one is cross post.
I posted my question below some time ago to then jython ml, because this
hit me first with jython.
Anyway, time passed, problem not solved.

So, I'd like to know if some of you know where my error lies:

[snip]
What happens if the conns list contains a writer that's ready?

The select function returns immediately with that writer in the writer
list. If it's not srv then nothing is done with it, so execution just
loops back to the select function with that writer still in the conns
list, and the select function then returns immediately with that writer
in the writer list again.

Infinite loop!

  • Re: Which of these authors is still worth reading?
    ... Seriously, I love the best of Sturgeon, and stand aghast at his worst. ... I can't think of any other writer that hit such high points and such ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Y&R/ Strike to Probably Continue Indefinitely
    ... think they stop paying the writer just ... Sure, if you happen to have written a hit song, script or a bestseller. ... part for me to swallow...considering the quality they're ... I'm not sure what the snarky grin is for, but you might want to do some ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: Learning Tremolo
    ... The writer Anthony Burgess is an interesting case in point. ... You hit the nail on the head, but, if an ambitious amateur wishes to reach a professional standard as soon as possible the necessary advice can only be rather extreme since so much must be compressed into a short time. ... They often expect to learn all kinds of 'secrets' from the teacher, when, in fact, the first priority is to make the mind musical, just as the first priority for a writer is to make the mind, well, 'writerly'. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Which of these authors is still worth reading?
    ... Seriously, I love the best of Sturgeon, and stand aghast at his ... I can't think of any other writer that hit such high points ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wonder Woman now on a bi-monthly schedule--WFT?
    ... for two whole years when he was both the artist AND the writer, ... this Heinberg guy can't. ... drop the book to hit them where it hurt. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.dc.universe)