Re: Need to solve the "Stateless HTTP" problem

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My scripting has grown to the point where the Apache server is a
problem. My Python websites run and quit, which means I need to save
data and recreate everything next page load. Bulky and slow. What is
the simplest solution?

I am running Py3 on OSX Server with Apache 2. Essentially I want
certain objects to be a "constantly running process" that may timeout
after some disuse. I suspect there are already systems for it. Please
advise in simple terms, I am not a professional.

Depending on how much of Apache's featureset you're using, it may be
easiest to set it aside altogether and just run a Python HTTP server.
Then you can maintain as much state as you like.

But if you're currently hosting multiple sites and distinguishing
between them using Host: headers (using NameVirtualHost), then you'd
have to change them all, which probably wouldn't be worthwhile.

Chris Angelico
.