Re: Beginner needs advice

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:43 PM, harrismh777 <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 If you disagree, then I invite you to list one example of two
different things that are compatible.

  one man, and one woman....

Now you're equivocating.  The discussion has been about whether Python
2 and Python 3 are compatible in the "interchangeable" sense, not in
the "capable of functioning together" sense.

Indeed. If a man has a scripting language, and a woman has a scripting
language, the two would differ because there are things each can do
that the other cannot. But there's a lot of things that both can do,
so the two languages would be highly similar in purpose and
functionality.

Hmm. If you did write those two scripting languages, we would finally
be able to type "man woman" to get docs on how to talk to women...

Chris Angelico

  • Re: Embedded scripting language advice sought
    ... thread-safe, or, at least able to have multiple coexisting execution ... The obvious choice for this was Lua; it hits a lot of the marks, ... but I'd really rather find an embedded scripting language ... I also wondered if Python would be a good choice, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [Full-disclosure] Metasploit Framework v3.0 Alpha
    ... version 3.0 of the Metasploit Framework. ... entirely in Python -- the OFFICIAL hacker scripting language. ... + Checkpoint FW-1 remote exploit ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: A QFB agent: how to catch C-level crashes and last Python stack ?
    ... Currently I'm hunting again a rare C-level crash bug of a Python based Windows app with rare user reports - and still in the dark (I get snippets of machine stack traces / screenshots with random "mem. ... interpreters are unable to recover from catastrophic errors ... failed assertions are handled as scripting language exceptions. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Is Python really a scripting language?
    ... language that was designed to *also* be used a scripting language. ... Python in this benchmark. ... toying with the idea of converting my Collatz Conjecture ... I've never used OCaml for any kind of heavy number-crunching, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Another scripting language implemented into Python itself?
    ... However, I want to code this application in Python, and I ... >>have not yet heard of an implementation of another scripting language ... I don't know how much power you intend to give your ... tagged format that are used to customize layout of wx forms. ...
    (comp.lang.python)