Re: The end to all language wars and the great unity API to come!

On Jul 2, 11:00 pm, Gregory Ewing <greg.ew...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
rantingrick wrote:
Ruby: for x in blah: blah_blah_blah
Python: for x in blah: blah_blah_blah

Here you're making the mistake of thinking that surface syntax
is all that matters. Although the 'for' statements in Python and
Ruby look very similar, underneath they're based on quite
different mechanisms. They're not equivalent: the Python way
leads to various powerful things such as generators; the Ruby
way lends itself more to user-defined control structures.

I agree however i see merit in both approaches. But why must we have
completely different languages just for that those two approaches? We
don't it's just a religious thing. Doesn't make sense to me. If Guido
and Matz got together over some sake and Monty Python i'll bet they
could hash out a singular replacement fro Ruby and Python in no time!

.