Re: can I package a distutil based python app in deb?
- From: Thomas Jollans <t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:49:20 +0200
On 06/26/2011 07:59 PM, hackingKK wrote:
I guess the subject line says it all.
I want to package a python app to deb.
I have 3 interesting issues with it.
1, I would want it to run on Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 11.04
and Debian 5.
2, the package depends on another python package which is also distutil
3, The second package needs to run in a virtual environment.
This means that I not only have to figure out the dependencies but also
have the deb to include a script to get the virtual environment script,
then create one for the package, then download all dependencies (Pylons
0.9.7 in this case along with report lab) and finally put the package
into this virtual environment.
Is this all possible?
Yes, it is possible. Refer to <http://www.debian.org/devel/>,
particularly the New Maintainer's Guide:
- Prev by Date: Re: embedding: how do I redirect print output?
- Next by Date: Re: module problem on windows 64bit
- Previous by thread: Re: Embedding a thin python
- Next by thread: Implicit initialization is EXCELLENT