Re: Algorithms Library - Asking for Pointers

On Sep 3, 12:35 am, Chris Torek <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <18fe4afd-569b-4580-a629-50f6c7482...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Travis Parks  <jehugalea...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Someone] commented that the itertools algorithms will perform
faster than the hand-written ones. Are these algorithms optimized
internally?

They are written in C, so avoid a lot of CPython interpreter
overhead.  Mileage in Jython, etc., may vary...
Intel require I note that my opinions are not those of WRS or Intel
Salt Lake City, UT, USA (40°39.22'N, 111°50.29'W)  +1 801 277 2603
email: gmail (figure it out)      http://web.torek.net/torek/index.html

I thought I would point out that many of the itertools functions
change between 2.x and 3.x versions. Since 2.7 is supposed to be the
last 2.x language, I suppose I will wait until 3.2 becomes the norm
before I incorporate some of these changes. In the mean time, I will
starting working on algorithms that work against Sequences.

I think a really important lesson is that Python really doesn't need
an algorithms library, like many others do. A lot of the common
algorithms are supported by the syntax itself. All my library did was
allow for easier function composition.

  • Re: Thread Pool Engine ...
    ... I don't think blocking queues is as efficient as lock-free queues ... Just look at the difference between three lock-free algorithms ... Test programs could be a little bit more crappy;) ... I have a problem with using "intel" source code. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: receiver sensitivity, harware vs. software filter?
    ... Minister of Algorithms ... Abineau Communications http://www.ericjacobsen.org ... have you moved from Intel? ...
    (comp.dsp)