Re: Contacts/Addressbook application - any good Python ones out there?

Wammu?

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 1:41 AM, <tinnews@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm after an application for managing Contacts (i.e. an Address Book)
and as I suspect I will want to 'tune' it a bit Python would be my
preferred language.

So far I have found :-

   pycocuma - reasonable but rather old and a bit clunky (uses TCL/Tk)
   pyaddressbook - newer but very minimal

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I'd prefer an application
which uses vCards as its native data storage format but that's not
vital and I'd also like to have a GUI but again that's not vital, a
well designed curses/terminal application would be OK too.

--
Chris Green

  • Re: Newbie questions on import & cmd line run
    ... Python command line.' ... Is it part of iPython? ...   something in the cache, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: default value in __init__
    ... It has nothing to do with lambda, lambda just happens to be a ...     print cb ... that newbies ask about these semantics doesn't imply that they'd ask ... But that's easy to do with current Python: ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Self function
    ... Python ... giving the programmer the ability to have a function refer to ... def parrot: ...     print inspect.getmembers ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Creating custom types from C code
    ... Is there a way to instantiate a named tuple from C code? ... The second part in Python code I would unpack the structure. ...     Is defining my own type like that overkill just to have an object ... Also note that recent Python versions have named tuples, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: ANN: GMPY 1.10 alpha with support for Python 3
    ... which fixes that bug and adds Unicode support for Python 2.x ... 3.x without gmpy so I have been putting it off): ... At some point I watched the memory usage profile from Windows. ...   for i in range: ...
    (comp.lang.python)