Re: iterating over list with one mising value

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Sammy Danso <samdansobe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello experts,
I am having trouble accessing the content of my list.
my list content has 2-pair value with the exception of one which has single value. here is an example  ['a', 1, 'b', 1, 'c', 3, 'd']

I am unable to iterate through list to access invidual value pairs

I get an error message saying ' the list should more than 1 value pairs'. I guess because 'd' has no value. How do I solve this problem?

What are you using to iterate through pairs instead of individual
elements? It sounds like it is not very flexible. I would recommend
instead using the "grouper" recipe from the itertools documentation:

http://docs.python.org/library/itertools.html#recipes

Cheers,
Ian
.