frozendict

Hi all,

I've been trying for a few days (only a little bit at a time) to come up
with a way of implementing a frozendict that doesn't suck. I'm gradually
converging to a solution, but I can't help but think that there's some
subtlety that I'm probably missing which is why it's not already provided.

Does anyone know why Python doesn't already come with a frozendict, or
why there seem to only be a couple attempts to write one?

Evan

  • Re: frozendict
    ... with a way of implementing a frozendict that doesn't suck. ... Because there is no way to implement one that doesn't suck? ... A write-once dict would be awesome for providing ... if only there were some way to set a namespace to ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: frozendict
    ... with a way of implementing a frozendict that doesn't suck. ... Define "doesn't suck". ... If I were to hack one up, ... from collections import Mapping, Hashable ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: frozendict
    ... with a way of implementing a frozendict that doesn't suck. ... converging to a solution, but I can't help but think that there's some ... subtlety that I'm probably missing which is why it's not already provided. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: frozendict
    ... On 2/8/2012 8:23 PM, Evan Driscoll wrote: ... with a way of implementing a frozendict that doesn't suck. ... Python is intentionally parsimonious in adding builtins. ... Terry Jan Reedy ...
    (comp.lang.python)