Apparent "double imports" (was: Naming convention for in-house modules (Newbie question))

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:36:52 +0000, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:

On 9 February 2012 14:00, Laurent Claessens <moky.math@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is my question: I would like to start an in-house library of
small modules to import, for things like error handling/logging.
That's easy enough, but is there a recommended way of naming such
modules? I am concerned about avoiding name clashes with standard
modules and site packages.

Thanks.

This is not 100% an answer to the question, but you should read that :
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

The OP mentions PEP 8 in the bit of his message that you *don't* quote.

Thank you for that Arnaud, and thanks to Chris R. I'm going along with
Chris's suggestion for the moment.

One issue I have run into, which may or may not be a problem: I am
finding that modules in the in-house "library" package sometimes have to
import modules like sys and os, which are also imported by the "calling"
module. Is this a problem or an overhead, or does it just result in two
names for the same object?

Thanks again.

  • Re: Naming convention for in-house modules (Newbie question)
    ... for things like error handling/logging. ... but is there a recommended way of naming such modules? ... concerned about avoiding name clashes with standard modules and site ... The OP mentions PEP 8 in the bit of his message that you *don't* quote. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Naming convention for in-house modules (Newbie question)
    ... for things like error handling/logging. ... but is there a recommended way of naming such modules? ... concerned about avoiding name clashes with standard modules and site ... This explain you WhatCaseToChoose for_naming youVariables. ...
    (comp.lang.python)