Re: usenet reading
- From: Roy Smith <roy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 11:43:38 -0400
In article <Vi6wr.735287$2R.344847@xxxxxxxx>,
duncan smith <buzzard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/05/12 23:38, Jon Clements wrote:
Normally use Google Groups but it's becoming absolutely frustrating - not
only has the interface changed to be frankly impractical, the posts are
somewhat random of what appears, is posted and whatnot. (Ironically posted
Is there a server out there where I can get my news groups?
If you don't mind paying a small fee there are several companies
providing usenet access such as http://www.newsdemon.com. (I didn't have
much joy trying to track down a reliable free service, so now I pay a
few pounds a year.)
I use panix.com. For $100/year, I get mail, news, and unix shell
access. By some measures, it's an expensive way to get mail access, but
I'd much rather give Panix $100 than take advantage of any of the free
mail services who does who-knows-what with my mail. Not to mention that
I get access to such private newsgroups as panix.nytel.abuse.
- Prev by Date: Smallest/cheapest possible Python platform?
- Next by Date: Re: Smallest/cheapest possible Python platform?
- Previous by thread: Re: usenet reading
- Next by thread: Re: usenet reading