Install lxml package on Windows 7
- From: David Fanning <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:41:53 -0600
I need some help. I need the lxml package to run a particular
I downloaded the appropriate binary egg package for lxml, and
I found easy_install.exe in my Python 2.7 distribution. I ran
Then, at the command prompt I typed this:
easy_install --allow-hosts=lxml.de,*.python.org lxml==2.3.4
The usual installation pop-ups appear. "Do I want to allow
such and so to install, etc.". Yes, yes. Finally, I get
a message, "Installation may not have been done correctly."
I have several choices, including "Install with recommended
parameters", which I choose. The installation proceeds without
any other indication of failure.
I presume I have the package installed now. So, I enter
Python and type this:
I get an error. No module with that name found, etc.
Sure enough, I look in C:\Python27\site_packages and there
is no lxml-2.3.4 folder.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting, Inc.
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/
Sepore ma de ni thui. ("Perhaps thou speakest truth.")
- Prev by Date: Re: Help doing it the "python way"
- Next by Date: Re: Install lxml package on Windows 7
- Previous by thread: pygame: transparency question
- Next by thread: Re: Install lxml package on Windows 7