how do you test GUI functionality?

From: Bryan Oakley (bryan_at_bitmover.com)
Date: 11/04/03

Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:23:26 GMT

I'd like to conduct a small unscientific poll. For those of you who
write applications with Tk, how do you test the functionality of your
applications? I'm curious if Android is widely used, or if there's a
general concensus that some other product works best with Tk interfaces.

Up to this point I've mostly gotten by with manually running scripted
scenarios or building in some features into my GUIs that help me test,
but that's not cutting it any more.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... A few also knew the arrow keys existed. ... "useful functionality required to qualify the application as an IDE". ... called by all applications -- except that with the Unix model you ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: expect THISWILLBENEVERPRINTED the only way to clear the buffer?
    ... > a lot you misunderstand in Expect's functionality. ... Say, I have an expect script, which leads two applications simultaneously. ... which - unable to write anything on the console - will hang up. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Picture display software
    ... as it provides services for applications and general support for ... Whether the rest of its functionality - which provides precious few services to applications and doesn't even try to hinder apps from avoiding them - adds up to an operating system is for academics to squabble over. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Picture display software
    ... as it provides services for applications and general support for ... functionality is related in some fashion to data storage. ... applications and doesn't even try to hinder apps from avoiding them - ... Not true for the reasons I outlined. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Linux is Free....So what? Is your Time Free?
    ... Does it require functionality _only_ found in them, ... _capability_ which could be provided by any of several applications. ... do their open source alternatives. ... What I said is that open source apps are far ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)