New BWidgets Feature

From: Monika Holzammer (Monika.Holzammer_at_sigos.de)
Date: 12/05/03

Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:14:31 +0100

Hello,

I'm using BWidgets for creating a user interface for a
test system.
Among other things this user interfaces shows and
handles data presented as a tree (which I have realized
by BWidgets). By this I have to be able to show a
context menu when the mouse is clicked upon the
BWidgets tree. This means I need a binding not only for
the text or the image of a node but for the entire tree
area.

I made a litte enhancement in the module tree.tcl which
offers me the command
$tree bindArea $event $script

I added the following lines:
15d14
< # - Tree::bindArea
443,448d441
< #
< # Command Tree::bindArea (added by MHO - Sigos GmbH)
< #
< proc Tree::bindArea { path event script } {
< bind $path.c $event $script
< }

I think this enhancement is useful for all users of
BWidgets and therefore I would be encouraged, if you
could take this enhancement over into the next version
of BWidgets.

I have already posted this issue on SourceForge, but got no reaction
till now.

Best regards
Monika Holzammer

E-Mail: Monika.Holzammer@sigos.de

--
SIGOS Systemintegration GmbH
  - TESTING IS OUR COMPETENCE -

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New BWidgets Feature
    ... > I'm using BWidgets for creating a user interface for a ... > by BWidgets). ... > BWidgets tree. ... return you the internal canvas to the tree. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Update command
    ... I always talk about and it has many BWidgets inside it. ... Only part is the node insertion of the tree using the data from ... in a loop. ... parent nodes at startup; create other nodes on demand as your users open ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Switch back to old format?
    ... I use the tree view too, but the new interface seems to work well with my iPad. ... It displays the first line of a users post. ... My guess is that most web-based services are going to be changing their user interface to be optimized for hand-held devices in the next few years. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: retrieve data from bwidget tree
    ... >I cannot figure out how to retrieve data associated with a tree node ... > using bwidgets. ... > puts [.tree selection get] ... > get access to the data (abc) on that node? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Choosing a mega-widget set...
    ... I like BWidgets too (Tree an ScrolledWindow are pretty and handy) ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)