Re: TIP #188: Add 'string is wide' to the 'string is' Subcommand

From: Darren New (dnew_at_san.rr.com)
Date: 04/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:22:05 GMT

Donald Arseneau wrote:
>>Except that 8-bit characters in unicode are implemented with multiple bytes,
>>making them "wide". If Tcl didn't implement UTF-8 internally, I'd agree with
>>you.
>
> Actually, I was thinking of UTF-8, so multi-byte characters in
> UTF-8 (such as ) would be "wide" even though it is an 8-bit
> character in several character sets (e.g. latin-1).

I think we're agreeing, then. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA USA (PST)
   I am in geosynchronous orbit, supported by

Relevant Pages

  • luciano live stream
    ... OR CLICK THE PICTURE TO THE RIGHT AT 8:30pm PST ... Download Real Player HERE! ... on San Diego City TV local channel 24. ... This program airs Friday & Saturday nights at 8:00pm PST ...
    (rec.music.reggae)
  • Re: CRC64 checksum
    ... Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) ... Helpful housekeeping hints: ... Check your feather pillows for holes ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: sintax error?
    ... Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Indications you're in trouble, #37: Your accountant charges you interest for not paying bills for which you already have the canceled checks back. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Nonstandard completion codes (WAS Re: proposal: reswitch)
    ... arms (and thus reducing possible errors and furthering my lazyness. ... Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Luke, the Force is a powerful ally, second only to The QuickSave. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: detect batch mode in Tcl shell
    ... launches in certain initilization ... Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) ... Native Americans used every part ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)