How to "interpolate a string"

From: Sektor van Skijlen (ethouris_at_pl.spamu.lubie.nie.wp.invalid)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:18:26 +0000 (UTC)

Sorry, maybe it's simple, but nothing comes to my mind :)

Say, we have something like that

set one 1
set two 2
set three 3

set x {$one $two $three}

and x contains $one $two $three

how to make "1 2 3" using only the current value of x, in other words,
to force appropriate substitutions on this expression?

--
//  _    ___         Michal "Sektor" Malecki <sektor(whirl)kis.p.lodz.pl>
\\ L_ |/ `|  /^\ ,()                         <ethourhs(O)wp.pl>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: from ruby/RoR to Java (framework unknown) :(
    ... did had to be done in Java. ... Never mind that said primo was routinely ... exploring the domain as well as designing and coding -- they had the ... management decision once it's made. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: "no variable or argument declarations are necessary."
    ... >> mind, ... proposal would get suppressed here - as the static compilers that have ... JAVA exactly does that. ... > as (name, declaration, value) tuples and making the necesarry checks ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Forget Hardy
    ... I've seen lots and lots of very noob questions. ... seen RTFM answers on this list that were not accompanied with pointers ... initiator of this thread comes to mind.) ... expect to learn the terminology of that subject. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: from ruby/RoR to Java (framework unknown) :(
    ... did had to be done in Java. ... Never mind that said primo was routinely ... Based on my personal experience it's equal parts ego, fear, ignorance ... tents and digging for roots for a living. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: MD5 Myths
    ... John: I think I'm mixing things/apps in my mind as I type. ... upload and use my own libraries and place in a folder of my choosing. ... On deck for me is a Java shopping cart/ eCommerce using SSL, ...
    (sci.crypt)