Re: question about compiling Expect script with freewrap: invalid command spawn

From: Hans Yin (hansyin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: 27 Oct 2004 20:06:12 -0700

hansyin@hotmail.com (Hans Yin) wrote in message news:<227a35f7.0410261724.29c2232d@posting.google.com>...
> I want to compile my scripts for distribution. I just searched this
> news group and found someone said that I can use freewrap or prowrap
> to compile expect scripts.
> So I download freewrapBLT561 and installed it in my linux(9.0)
> machine, and then compiled one of my little script. compiled
> successfully, that's wonderful! but when I try to run the executable
> file, it reports "invalid command spawn".
>
> Why? Spawn is command of EXPECT, does freewrap only support TCL
> command ? doesn't support EXPECT command?
>
> another problem, I found the executable file doesn't display output
> information: when I run the file with error parameters, it should
> display some information to indicate error parameters, but now it
> don't display this information, just end without any information.
> (don't like behavior of original script file)

Is there anybody who can help me? I need to compile my expect script
immediately. (for business! :)) I knew TDK can do it, but it's not
free. or anybody can tell me some other free products can compile
expect script?

for the second problem, I already knew the cause, it's because the
file ends immediately because of error parameters, that all output
information cann't be seen is because those information is in the
running window which was closed as well.

Any responses will be very appreciated! thanks a lot.