Simple Program

From: Steve (scp2000_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:54:40 -0500

I want to perform a very simple test.

I want to automate telnet. I can write Expect to login w/usr/pwd. But I
want Expect to give me the ability to interact. The version @ wiki.
Doesn't support interactive.

So once I login, I want to be able to pass commands to telnet. I want to
read the stdIO from expect send to telnet then get the results from telnet
and show it.

That's it.

When I login Expect just ends and I cannot interact.

Can someone please help me? Where can I find a simple example?

Relevant Pages

  • Expect, telnet, frozen console.
    ... telnet into remote host, provide username/password, surrender control to ... This script will eventually be tied into /etc/inittab so that it ... app called 'loe' which presents a login screen in 80x24 ASCII a la ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Automated login, but run in a telnet console? possible?
    ... it took way too much resources for my embedded system. ... But I thought by simply automate login and select some console (telnet ... >> I have developed an embedded Linux system (app) which does its job well. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: RSC, ALOM configuration issue
    ... Telnet escape character is '^e'. ... RSC version 2.2.1 ... Please login: admin ... I just can't close the telnet session to get ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: telnet logins
    ... >> or when starting X windows. ... >> So you're already having to set up your DISPLAY variable. ... The telnet protocol allows clients to send environment variable settings ... Changing your PATH in a login file is a standard configuration ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: uid- task_struct --The results of the code sent by you
    ... In the case of telnet, it's a bit more complicated than that. ... with the I/O from the network going to/from ... forkptyforked child becomes the login task which eventually ... made it necessary to create virtual terminals and a separate ...
    (Linux-Kernel)