Re: expect to telnet and running and unknow script

Did you try expect -d and see what exact string was sent when you did
send -- "/mysoftware/bin/Uninstall*\r"

Kiran

On 3/30/05 7:40 AM, in article
1112197212.393057.196790@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "canuk"
<shawn.belaire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have a bit of trouble
>
> Need to be able to telnet to a system and the run a script that may
> have different names
>
> Ideal would be send -- "/mysoftware/bin/Uninstall*\r"
>
> can't get that working, send appear to muck it up
>
> ok
> send -- "find /mysoftware -name "Uninstall*" -exec {} \;\r"
>
> Noop that does not work, any suggestion?
>
> The first appears to be send, but the script is new run, gues tha the
> globbing in the shell does not happen
>
> Thanks

  • Re: A few questions, if somebody could please assist -ive been doing my head in to get my vba pr
    ... Dim c As String, wdth As Double ... as for telnet, I would look for a telnet program that can be scripted. ... spreadsheet the userform i have made runs from. ... script files like the ftp does and any telnt code i have seen has lost me ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • SOLUTION: Keeping Telnet Session Open
    ... After more tinkering with my expect script, ... > Thanks to several people for responding. ... > see the telnet running in the psoutput. ... > the other end is accepting the connection. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Script for telnet server to communicate with J2EE application
    ... Is there any way that this script automatically get invoked as the ... Telnet Client login to Server? ... As you were asking about using telnet client classes to allow your Java application to talk to a telnet server, I was assuming you'd want to use something like the following to login, send one barcode to the telnet server and logout again: ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: eventdblclick call to local file, publishing visio 2k3 on web
    ... The script calls telnet using the ip address that is stored in the shape. ... a shell script and call it as a macro. ... Dim visShapes As Visio.Shapes ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.developer)
  • Really weird expect problem
    ... I'm working on a legacy expect script. ... At first glance it would seem that the shell is in echo or verbose mode, ... is operating telnet from a Windows 2000 machine. ... I've looked for strange environment variables. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)