Re: How to create a VB dll for TCL usage ?

<fjean@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I am a good VB programmer but I do not
> know TCL ; I search the newsgroups but
> without an answer to my question..
>
> Here is the thing, I need to create a
> VB DLL (yes it must be VB!) :-)
> for a TCL application to access it..
>
> I then created an ActiveX DLL using VB 6.0 and
> here are the two functions that are
> exposed:
>
> Public Function Send(pszCommand As String) As Boolean
> Public Function Receive() As String
>
> I read about TCOM but i am not sure if that is
> what I need to use...I did not find any documentation
> either.
>
> Can someone tell me what are my options and
> where to start from here ?

For starters:
There is documentation for TCOM available as part of the ActiveState TCL
package. Also is some info on how to use TCOM with Active X components.

http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActiveTcl/

>From that page you can also find documentation, including info on TCOM.

HTH

Rob.

  • Re: Tcl on slashdot...
    ... warts (fundamental class stuff like mro and new style python classes are ... reference documentation, from Python 2.2 onwards...). ... I wouldn't count most books as 'documentation' unless they ... There are some fine books on Tcl, just not as many as for the more ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Newbie - Pgtcl
    ... I'm new to Tcl/Tk and I'm still trying to understand the ... most terse and confusing Manual I ever encountered with little or no ... for Tcl and there is a Tcl tutorial you should probably read. ... If you find unclear documentation or actual bugs in the documentation ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Communities
    ... :Last week I asked about the Tcl documentation project, ... I would think that with Tcl frequently touted as a cross platform language, ... (at least as far as ordinary users are concerned)? ... A novice programmer is going to have a tough time learning to program from ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Binary operations in Tcl [Re: set character at string position]
    ... using Tcl all the time. ... A: 10048325.05 microseconds per iteration ... language and documentation alone. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Dr. Dobbs Tcl-URL! - weekly Tcl news and links (Jan 26)
    ... Documentation and tutorials ... - Do you want to know more about how to Tcl to process XML? ... The TDX sponsor, ActiveState, also keeps info to convince your ... Suggestions/corrections for next week's posting are always welcome. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)