Access violation with Tcl_EvalFIle

Hi all,
I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this. If this
post fits here, please help me. If this is not the place, please point
me to the right place. Don't be rude :D

I am very new to Tcl programming world.
I am trying to implement a TCL command in C.
Before that I wanted to try out a small experiment given in a book. But
I am getting an access violation(system error) when I invoke
Tcl_EvalFile. If I use Tcl_Eval(myInterp, "puts Hello") instead of
Tcl_EvalFile, then it works just fine. Somebody please help me. This is
on Windows XP platform.

Thanks a lot in advance.

This is the code:

int main()
{
Tcl_Interp *myInterp;
int retCode;
char name[] = "./simple.tcl";

myInterp = Tcl_CreateInterp();

retCode = Tcl_EvalFile(myInterp, name); // Access Violation
if(retCode != TCL_OK)
fprintf(stdout, "Error\n");

return 1;
}

contents of simple.tcl are : puts Hello.

- Jane

.