Re: TCL on Win64 for AMD64 with VS.NET 2005 beta 2?

Jeff McWilliams wrote:
Does TCL 8.4.9 support Win64 on AMD64 or EM64T platforms?

Which compiler is recommended for this?

Due to some issues we've had with the Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK
compiler, I'm using the 64 bit C++ compiler that's part of Visual Studio
.NET 2005 beta 2. Both of these compilers are incarnations of VC8, with
the VS.NET compiler being a later build than the Platform SDK version,
and using a later version of MFC, etc.

Tcl 8.4.9 should support AMD64 out-of-the-box (I think I had to make a recent one-line patch), but I've never tried VC8 myself (and will try and stay away from it for as long as possible). All you really need is MSVC6 and the 64-bit Platform SDK installed.

--
  Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
  http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos