Expect timeout problem after matching the prompt.

I've started to see a weird problem, I've script of router reload...
the script matches "Press RETURN to get started prompt" and then sends
"\r"... and the best of my knowledge router should just rerun the
prompt, but it does not and the expect block timeout eventually.
However, if I put a delay or say 3 seconds before sending "\r" then it
works fine.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
-Gaurav

  • Re: Expect timeout problem after matching the prompt.
    ... > I've started to see a weird problem, I've script of router reload... ... > the script matches "Press RETURN to get started prompt" and then sends ... > prompt, but it does not and the expect block timeout eventually. ... because humans don't respond quickly enough. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: can ping but nothing else can get online
    ... HJT should be run in Normal mode to get a log which will reveal more than one created in SM. ... Open a command prompt, click Start> Run, type in: ... If it times out then there is no communication between the router and machine. ... Pull the power from the router. ...
  • Re: Jumpstart from Linux - djw questions
    ... > a) I do not want a default router so my sysidcfg file does not include it. ... deleting the /etc/defaultroute file in a finish script. ... I always want to run Gnome how do I disable this prompt? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Cisco 837 Router
    ... The terminal displays the following prompt: ... The router cycles its power, and the configuration register is set to ... Step 7 Enter the enable command to enter enable mode. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • router question...
    ... I had an odd experience yesterday and was wandering if anyone could help shed some light on it... ... when I would try to access the problem page I was greeted with the router log in prompt! ... So why when I tried to access the troubled website via domain name I was greeted with my routers log in prompt? ...
    (Security-Basics)