Re: newbie: foreach

keithv wrote:
miguel sofer wrote:

Kev P. wrote:

I'm sure the below can be simplified with some sort of "foreach", but
so far I've failed.  Anyone help please?
Snippet of code attached:

The use of foreach and arrays has been illustrated by the previous replies; I just want to suggest replacing your busy loop with an event-based processing. The difference is that your script will take as much cpu as available while waiting for user input, and this will just idle.

Pardon my ignorance but I thought that in the original code the line "gets stdin line" will block inside the OS and not consume cpu cycles.

Keith

Indeed, I somehow forgot that stdin is blocking by default :(

I (tried) to delete that message right after noticing my boo-boo, and sent another message with essentially this remark.

Ever so sorry, my bad.

Miguel

.