Re: Running wish84.exe on Win XP 64

Your Name wrote:
I have a need to run TCL/TK in 64 bit mode on Windows XP 64.
Accordingly, I obtained the source and the necessary SDK, fought the
good fight and have successfully compiled wish84.exe using the "install"
target. I have placed tcl84.dll, tk84.dll, and tclpip84.dll in the
Windows System directory and added a system path entry to to the Tcl
load point bin directory. However, when I double click on wish84.exe I
get the following error:

C:\udir\tcl\bin\wish84.exe

"This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem."

This is an issue with the wish.exe.manifest generation that
was not 100% correct for makefile.vc builds (but works fine
for msys-configure builds). This has been corrected in CVS
already.

--
Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos