Re: Running wish84.exe on Win XP 64

Your Name wrote:
I have a need to run TCL/TK in 64 bit mode on Windows XP 64.
Accordingly, I obtained the source and the necessary SDK, fought the
good fight and have successfully compiled wish84.exe using the "install"
target. I have placed tcl84.dll, tk84.dll, and tclpip84.dll in the
Windows System directory and added a system path entry to to the Tcl
load point bin directory. However, when I double click on wish84.exe I
get the following error:

C:\udir\tcl\bin\wish84.exe

"This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem."

This is an issue with the wish.exe.manifest generation that
was not 100% correct for makefile.vc builds (but works fine
for msys-configure builds). This has been corrected in CVS
already.

--
Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos

  • Dr. Dobbs Tcl-URL! - weekly Tcl news and links (May 30)
    ... " M$ Windows may or may not suck, but given a large enough hammer it ... Support for multiple install themes. ... The Tcl notifier and Console on Windows ... Cameron Laird tracks several Tcl/Tk references of interest (but ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: tile package provide
    ... My first, most earnest, and sincere suggestion - install ActiveTcl ... I came across the Tile package because I just installed ActiveTcl on ... TCL has the nice feature that the code does not have to be compiled, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Installing Tcl extension under Windows
    ... folder of your Tcl installation. ... Never, ever, EVER use tcl::pkgconfig on Windows. ... world that is not a valid assumption - the user may select an install ... registry keys for ActiveState or other well-known Tcl installers. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: tile package provide
    ... My first, most earnest, and sincere suggestion - install ActiveTcl ... I came across the Tile package because I just installed ActiveTcl on ... TCL has the nice feature that the code does not have to be compiled, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: tclkit wonder
    ... developed only for tcl and not for other dynamic languages. ... *impossible* to install any reasonable Linux distribution ... Linux) without installing perl. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)