Re: Running wish84.exe on Win XP 64

Your Name wrote:
I have a need to run TCL/TK in 64 bit mode on Windows XP 64.
Accordingly, I obtained the source and the necessary SDK, fought the
good fight and have successfully compiled wish84.exe using the "install"
target. I have placed tcl84.dll, tk84.dll, and tclpip84.dll in the
Windows System directory and added a system path entry to to the Tcl
load point bin directory. However, when I double click on wish84.exe I
get the following error:

"This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this

This is an issue with the wish.exe.manifest generation that
was not 100% correct for builds (but works fine
for msys-configure builds). This has been corrected in CVS

Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy, a division of Sophos