Is garbage collection here yet?

I thought I'd check in on tcl to see if garbage collection (of
"objects", not just strings) was available in the core yet. Without GC
of objects, I don't consider tcl to be a fully higher-level language.
Tcl has so many other cool features (vfs, for example) and such a clean
implementation, it's a pity that it can't be used for OO-style
implemention without jumping through the hacks required to destroy
objects explicitly. Are there any near-future plans to implement GC?
A google search brings up Jim References. Any chance that they'll make
it into the core in the near future?

-- John Wiersba

.