Re: package require fails, but load works. suggestions?

sbromle wrote:
Started tkcon, then, within it:

(scripts) 49 % lappend auto_path /usr/local/mvth/lib
/usr/lib/tcl8.4 /usr/lib /usr/share /usr/lib/tcllib1.8 /usr/lib/tk8.4
{} /usr/local/mvth/lib
(scripts) 50 % package require mvthcore
1.0
(scripts) 51 % package require mvthimage
1.0
(scripts) 52 % package require buriedtargets
couldn't load file "buriedtargets.so": buriedtargets.so: cannot open
(scripts) 53 % puts $::errorInfo
couldn't load file "buriedtargets.so": buriedtargets.so: cannot open
while executing
"load buriedtargets.so"

Look at this error message. It claims the command that fails is
precisely [load buriedtargets.so].

lies a pkgIndex.tcl
file containing:
package ifneeded buriedtargets 1.0 [list load [file join $dir
buriedtargets.so]]

Look at that index file. It registers a script that looks like
[load /path/to/buriedtargets.so].

So, the error you report is not coming from the index script you
are examining.

Or, possibly you are not reporting the uncensored error information.

Use [package versions] and [package ifneeded] to examine all the
scripts registered that might provide some version or another of
the buriedtargets package. That should give you a hint where the
buggy install is.

--
| Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter@xxxxxxxx Information Technology Laboratory |

  • Re: Puzzeling error with package
    ... The platform is Oracle 10.2.0.3 running on 64bit Linux in a RAC ... I have a package which in the specification defines a constant i.e. ... All scripts spool to log files and I check each log file prior to ... initialization all happen at the same point and no errors are ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Puzzeling error with package
    ... The platform is Oracle 10.2.0.3 running on 64bit Linux in a RAC ... I have a package which in the specification defines a constant i.e. ... All scripts spool to log files and I check each log file prior to ... tcross rapttech dot com dot au ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Puzzeling error with package
    ... The platform is Oracle 10.2.0.3 running on 64bit Linux in a RAC ... I have a package which in the specification defines a constant i.e. ... All scripts spool to log files and I check each log file prior to ... initialization all happen at the same point and no errors are ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Puzzeling error with package
    ... The platform is Oracle 10.2.0.3 running on 64bit Linux in a RAC ... I have a package which in the specification defines a constant i.e. ... All scripts spool to log files and I check each log file prior to ... initialization all happen at the same point and no errors are ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: 10.5.4 Released
    ... dempson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Empson) wrote: ... I just looked at the contents of the 10.5.4 Combo update package (with ... There is also a set of scripts in the inner package which include ... so installing it won't solve the problem. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)