Re: TEApot -- How do I create and upload packages?

David Gravereaux wrote:
Could someone kindly walk me through creating a package that includes a compiled
extension (and possibly some headers files and a stubs library) and how to upload
it to the ActiveState repository?

As I understand it, you don't upload to the AS repository (which
simplifies many many things). Instead, you "upload" to it by persuading
the ActiveState folks to accept a new version of your package sources
and do a build for you. (Making sure your package is TEA-compliant
should help a lot there.)

Your closest bet (if that is unacceptable) is to host your own teapot
server and persuade people to add that to the repository path in their
teacups.

Donal.

  • Re: sharing code
    ... Setup a version control system like CVS. ... copies of the project and upload the changes to the repository. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls)
  • Re: Recruiters who place people first...
    ... [CPAN] ... Fortunately I have not yet discovered a similar large repository of C code ... to which any amateur bodger can upload their ill-conceived and badly-written ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • outgoing traffic monitor
    ... I have thread that call a module which upload a file in a remote ... repository. ... A possible approach to calculate the time is tomonitor outgoing ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Installing Gd
    ... It seems that there is no GD in the default ActiveState repository. ... C:\Documents and Settings\teddy>ppm install GD ... PPD for 'GD.ppd' could not be found. ...
    (perl.beginners)