Re: SMTP question

"Robert Hicks" <sigzero@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have two scripts one in Perl and one in Tcl. The Perl one gets
delivered but I never see the Tcl one.

Here is the code:

[snip]

<-- 220 <masked> Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830
ready at Tue, 12 Dec 2006 0
8:43:02 -0500
--> EHLO lims-dev1 (wait upto 300 seconds)
<-- 250-mailgtwy1.<masked> Hello [<masked>]
<-- 250-TURN
[snip]
<-- 250 OK
--> MAIL FROM:<robert@masked> SIZE=279 (wait upto 600 seconds)
<-- 250 2.1.0 robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
--> RCPT TO:<robert.l.hicks@masked> (wait upto 3600 seconds)
<-- 250 2.1.5 robert.l.hicks@masked
--> DATA (wait upto 300 seconds)
<-- 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
--> . (wait upto 120 seconds)
<-- 250 2.6.0 <14859.1165930690.2@masked> Queued mail for delivery
--> QUIT (wait upto 120 seconds)
<-- 221 2.0.0 mailgtwy1.masked Service closing transmission channel

It looks like it is queing but it never gets sent. I do not control the
gateway but I should be allowed to do this. If I can have some info so
I sound "intelligent" when asking the gateway people about it that
would be nice.

Looks good to me. The server has accepted the mail and should now get
on with forwarding it. If you have an equivalent perl script that
_does_ work while this does not and the recipients e-mail addresses
are identical then I suggest you use sockspy to capture the in-flight
communucation from the perl script and the tcl script and compare the
two.

From what I see above the mail should be getting forwarded. Possibly
the recipient is dumping it as spam? The MTA's log file would let you
track the mails progress using the mail ID returned above if you can
get access to the log.

--
Pat Thoyts http://www.patthoyts.tk/
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.

  • Shhh! Psst! In need of a P..l script
    ... using Tcl's http package ... Isn't Tcl - together with the Wiki - just great? ... Of course I need to run this on my real server - and I won't ... and a Perl script would - in all probability - just work. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: I cannot understand this Tcl syntax ...
    ... I'd track down the C functions corresponding to the Tcl ... commands, by looking for Tcl_Create ... Create a log file in the C code and add debugging code in the C ... Option has the advantage that I could use gdb. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Disabling bracket substitution?
    ... I'm in the process of writing an equipment alarm log file parser and have no idea how to handle this problem. ... The piece of equipment I'm analyzing the log files for sometimes contains brackets which seems to set the TCL code on it's ear. ... it appears the problem is that you are taking a line of text from a log file and treating it as if it is a Tcl list. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Write Tcl extension in C
    ... to finally learn how to write Tcl extensions in C. ... Looking at chapter 47 "C Programming in Tcl" in the "Practical Programming ... Be sure to install the tcl-devel package. ... If the log file doesn't exist it creates ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Write Tcl extension in C
    ... to finally learn how to write Tcl extensions in C. ... is a purely academic exercise, and I have not touched C/C++ since the late ... Looking at chapter 47 "C Programming in Tcl" in the "Practical Programming ... If the log file doesn't exist it creates ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)