Re: SMTP question

"Robert Hicks" <sigzero@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have two scripts one in Perl and one in Tcl. The Perl one gets
delivered but I never see the Tcl one.

Here is the code:

[snip]

<-- 220 <masked> Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830
ready at Tue, 12 Dec 2006 0
8:43:02 -0500
--> EHLO lims-dev1 (wait upto 300 seconds)
<-- 250-mailgtwy1.<masked> Hello [<masked>]
<-- 250-TURN
[snip]
<-- 250 OK
--> MAIL FROM:<robert@masked> SIZE=279 (wait upto 600 seconds)
<-- 250 2.1.0 robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OK
--> RCPT TO:<robert.l.hicks@masked> (wait upto 3600 seconds)
<-- 250 2.1.5 robert.l.hicks@masked
--> DATA (wait upto 300 seconds)
<-- 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
--> . (wait upto 120 seconds)
<-- 250 2.6.0 <14859.1165930690.2@masked> Queued mail for delivery
--> QUIT (wait upto 120 seconds)
<-- 221 2.0.0 mailgtwy1.masked Service closing transmission channel

It looks like it is queing but it never gets sent. I do not control the
gateway but I should be allowed to do this. If I can have some info so
I sound "intelligent" when asking the gateway people about it that
would be nice.

Looks good to me. The server has accepted the mail and should now get
on with forwarding it. If you have an equivalent perl script that
_does_ work while this does not and the recipients e-mail addresses
are identical then I suggest you use sockspy to capture the in-flight
communucation from the perl script and the tcl script and compare the
two.

From what I see above the mail should be getting forwarded. Possibly
the recipient is dumping it as spam? The MTA's log file would let you
track the mails progress using the mail ID returned above if you can
get access to the log.

--
Pat Thoyts http://www.patthoyts.tk/
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.