Re: About TIP#214: Add New Object Introspection Command

Alexandre Ferrieux wrote:
Michael Schlenker wrote:

I think Don Porter summarized quite good why this is still in the not
voted for state. If a vote would be called it would probably be rejected.

I understand the objections for the overall concept (both 117 and 214).
What I don't understand though, is why it is clearly NO for 117 but
leaves room for hesitation for 214, while to me 214 is just 117 plus an
extra level of indirection...

What is your usecase for such functionality? Debugging? Runtime checks
for performance reasons?
There is "pincer" from <somebody>? tcl type introspection.
I had seen it on the web but can't remember where.

uwe

  • Re: Dr Death Pre-RFD alert
    ... If the committee decides that an objection is valid, ... 6 objections for different individuals. ... it was later raised to six following a vote. ... stop a fast-track is because it counter-balances the system a bit. ...
    (uk.net.news.config)
  • Re: 2nd RFD: uk.radio.amateur.moderated
    ... to alienate those whose natural inclination would be to abstain? ... How is it disenfranchisement not to count a vote for an abstention? ... The main effect of the ambiguity would be that your intended ABSTAIN ... objections to the vote may be raised in news.groups. ...
    (uk.net.news.config)
  • Re: 1997 results
    ... if there are no objections to a to the l's late vote, ... changes to the final results...most notably, the beatnuts move into the ... albums...the only other position change is that No ID move up a few ...
    (rec.music.hip-hop)
  • Re: RFD: uk.radio.amateur.moderated
    ... Morrison writes ... Ian Jackson wrote: ... objections and doubts that have been voiced by various posters? ... I would suggest that a YES vote won't impair the lifestyle of those who ...
    (uk.net.news.config)