Re: About TIP#214: Add New Object Introspection Command

Alexandre Ferrieux wrote:
Michael Schlenker wrote:

I think Don Porter summarized quite good why this is still in the not
voted for state. If a vote would be called it would probably be rejected.

I understand the objections for the overall concept (both 117 and 214).
What I don't understand though, is why it is clearly NO for 117 but
leaves room for hesitation for 214, while to me 214 is just 117 plus an
extra level of indirection...

What is your usecase for such functionality? Debugging? Runtime checks
for performance reasons?
There is "pincer" from <somebody>? tcl type introspection.
I had seen it on the web but can't remember where.

uwe
.