Re: unicode normalization

billposer@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
One thing that tcl does not have as far as I can tell is unicode
normalization functions. Am I correct in thinking that there are no
builtin functions, extensions, or library functions for this? If so, I
am thinking that this is something that ought to be added. It is fairly
important for serious Unicode use. Python has it in a base library
(unicodedata) and there is a Perl module for it (Unicode::Normalize).

Sounds like something for tcllib to do (if it doesn't already).

Donal.

  • Re: unicode normalization
    ... normalization functions. ... builtin functions, extensions, or library functions for this? ... After a short look at the unicode tr for normalization, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • unicode normalization
    ... One thing that tcl does not have as far as I can tell is unicode ... normalization functions. ... builtin functions, extensions, or library functions for this? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Making C better (by borrowing from C++)
    ... In addition to adding new library functions, ... These are extensions to the language that use the existing syntax. ... Please understand that the standard library is part of the C language. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Direct disk writing
    ... A conforming implementation may have extensions (including ... additional library functions), provided they do not alter the ... behavior of any strictly conforming program. ...
    (comp.lang.c)