Re: ActiveState Tcl Dev Kit 4.0 now available

On May 24, 4:45 am, Ralf Fassel <ralf...@xxxxxx> wrote:
* Jeff Hobbs <j...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Create high-quality Tcl executables and deploy to anyone, anywhere,
| with Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) 4.0: the essential toolkit for Tcl programmers.

What is the difference between ActiveTCL and TDK? It seems as a
developer of commercial applications I would want TDK?

R'

The TDK gives you some "utility" programs that help you develop in
Tcl.

Robert

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: ActiveState Tcl Dev Kit 4.0 now available
    ... | with Tcl Dev Kit 4.0: the essential toolkit for Tcl programmers. ... What is the difference between ActiveTCL and TDK? ... tool suite for Tcl that has the all the essential tools for development and deployment: debugger, introspecter, static code analysis, wrapper, code obfuscator, and more. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: ActiveState Tcl Dev Kit 4.0 now available
    ... | with Tcl Dev Kit 4.0: the essential toolkit for Tcl programmers. ... What is the difference between ActiveTCL and TDK? ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: What is your development environment for Tcl?
    ... my primary work relating to Tcl occurs on a sparc ... On my work windows system, I use ActiveTcl, and mks toolkit's vi and ... And this is because everybody is kind of hostile to "download and install ActiveTcl". ... TDK, when the need for a single executable arises. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: TDK--what advantages does it offer?
    ... I would not recommend TDK 4.0 beta 1 to users wanting to make wrapping easier. ... We are rewriting this for 4.0 beta 2. ... The TDK Xref tool is a bit more cumbersome than we'd like, but it provides a view of large Tcl code bases that no other tool can provide. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)