Re: best tcl ide?

Michael Reichenbach wrote:
Seams I didn`t miss any other big professional products.

Right now I find the Komodo ide trial better then eclipse. Why? Komodo
has source code completion and syntax tooltips.

Just one more question. Tcl Dev Kit and Tcl Pro is just Komodo ide
bundled with tcl tools (debugger/compiler)? Or is this a hole other ide?

The bundle of Tcl Dev Kit and Komodo is ActiveTcl Pro Studio, which also provides you a subscription to O'Reilly's online bookshelf. While the Tcl Dev Kit has its own debugger, it has no editor. Tcl Dev Kit is a suite of tools to assist in development, whereas Komodo is a feature-rich IDE that supports multiple languages (Tcl included, and it does it very well). Included in the tools suite are a debugger, static syntax checker, cross-reference code analyzer, code coverage and hotspot analyzer, runtime inspector, single-file executable wrapper and a couple more tools to boot.

Jeff

  • ANN: Komodo IDE 4.4 & Komodo Edit 4.4 released
    ... Komodo IDE 4.4.0 and Komodo Edit 4.4.0 have been released. ... This supports all of Komodo's core "codeintel" languages plus it provides a file outline for C/C++, Java, CSS, XML/HTML files and more. ... It is a multi-platform, ...
    (comp.lang.python.announce)
  • Komodo 7 release (Python development tools)
    ... I'm the lead developer for Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit ... Choose between multiple syntax checkers like PyLint, ... Komodo Edit - completely free and fully open-source editor, offering smart code completions, syntax checking, code colorizing, sophisticated editing and more. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • [ANN] Komodo 7 release (Python development tools)
    ... I'm the lead developer for Komodo IDE and Komodo Edit ... Choose between multiple syntax checkers like PyLint, ... Komodo Edit - completely free and fully open-source editor, offering smart code completions, syntax checking, code colorizing, sophisticated editing and more. ...
    (comp.lang.python.announce)
  • Re: Need Help With Tk Using Komodo
    ... trying out Komodo IDE to build a simple GUI. ... for the gui dialog code and another in which I can write my own code. ... is the name they will have in the UI code, based off $ROOT. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)