Re: Stay on top

Niv wrote:
Is there a way to get my wish window/shell to stay on top/ viewable,
regardless of what other apps I may open?

This is in an XP environment.

I tried the following which I found on this group: wm style .
stayontop true
but it doesn't work.

Regards, Kev P.

First question, where are you getting the wm style command from? When
I use that I get:

% wm style
bad option "style": must be aspect, ...

That aside, you can keep a window on top like this:

wm attributes . -topmost 1 ; # for the main Tk window

console eval {wm attributes . -topmost 1} ; # for the console window

This works on WindowsXP

Mark

  • Creating a custom pop up window
    ... I would like to know how to create a simple pop up window within the windows ... environment, regardless of whatever application is open. ... I'd like to create a reminder pop up to back up ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: OS/2 mentioned in a Vista review
    ... Although other applications can continue to paint themselves (no window message blocking), I'm sure a rogue app can still claim ownership of the mouse and keyboard and not give it back. ... Consider full-screen apps. ... Audio subsystem doesn't sound like anything better than DSound or DART (OS/2) in terms of resolution and response time. ... I'm doing more with my computers than ever before. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)
  • Re: OSX on Intel Could Destroy Microsoft
    ... >> advanced client-side functionality seamlessly integrates with the server. ... gives everyone more options, and keeps clients light-weight, which is ... >> does provide a new way of thinking about how to design and deliver apps, ... >> a viewer window, and a timeline window, and clips window, and an ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: porting 32-bit to 64-bit on Xeon
    ... IDE to build 64-bit applications while you maintain the same code base ... To set the 64-bit build environment variables, ... Build Environment Window", point to "Set Windows XP 64 Build ... change the folder to the \Microsoft Visual ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: OSX on Intel Could Destroy Microsoft
    ... >>> Online Shopping interface that web sites could adhere to. ... AJAX is a way ... But most of the web apps out there can, ... Well, sure, because you can put anything you want in a window in a ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)