Re: Max Command Length in Tcl

On Jul 4, 9:11 pm, Amit Zaroo <amit.za...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Is there Anything as a max command length in Tcl?

I have just ran a piece of code which is run on 2 lists. Basically a
list merge operation and Tcl came out with a core.

I suspect that the command length is to be blamed (either that or
regexp has a limit)

The command is given below

lsearch -all -inline -regexp $list1 [string map [list $string ""]
^[join $list2 $|^]$ ]

I can send the stack trace if requested.
The size of the 2 lists is very large (a modest estimate is 80K chars
per list)

Please file a bug ticket (with the stack trace attached) at
sourceforge [*]. Do tell us the Tcl version and OS, and include
contact information if you do not log into SF - much better if you do
login though, as you'll get automatic email on all ticket changes.

Cheers

Miguel
[*] The bug tracker is at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=10894&atid=110894

  • Re: Import in sqlite
    ... TCL list as opposed to a file. ... would be a list of lists and the copy command would have to know that. ... The 'sqlite3' command line executable has a '.import' command, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: How do I filter Tcl code as it is being executed?
    ... Tcl doesn't execute the contents of variables like that. ... The problem is when you have a command that takes N arguments, and you want to pass it two scalars and the contents of a list as arguments, and you write ... Then the contents of $remainder get interpreted twice because you asked for it, and $first and $second get interpreted twice because you asked for that too. ... The solution is to "quote" the other arguments with the command, which builds lists, with the side effect of quoting all the characters that are special to eval: ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • TIP #225: Arithmetic Series with Optimized Space Complexity
    ... This TIP proposes to add a new command to generate arithmetic sequences ... The only change from the point of view of the Tcl ... initialized to the first element of the sequence, ... Infinite series and series resulting in lists bigger than the maximum ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Max Command Length in Tcl
    ... Is there Anything as a max command length in Tcl? ... I have just ran a piece of code which is run on 2 lists. ... believe also available in pure tcl code (search the wiki for intersect3) will ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • TIP #187: Procedures as Values
    ... particular as three element lists. ... The Tcl programming language is an homoiconic-form language. ... built-in command, or a procedure (actually a procedure is a user ... The storage of an anonymous procedure is handled like any other Tcl ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)