Re: System Command in TCL
- From: Michael Schlenker <schlenk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:30:10 +0200
Jonathan Bromley schrieb:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:06:00 -0000, Puneet MaheshwariThere is a tar module in tcllib...
Does anyone know how to write system commands in TCL. Commands like
tar, copying a folder etc. A tutorial link will be really useful.
For things that have native support in Tcl - like copying
files, creating directories, checking file status, exploring
directory structures - take a close look at the many options
of the [file] command. It has the huge advantage of being
completely independent of the operating system, so your
script can work correctly on Windows, *nix, Mac etc.
For things that Tcl does not do for itself, such as "tar",
lots of other stuff replacing system commands are in tcllib too...
- Prev by Date: connect problem between two program
- Next by Date: Re: Variable naming conventions and how to use Help file (newbie)
- Previous by thread: Re: System Command in TCL
- Next by thread: Re: System Command in TCL